Symptoms for Lymphedema Referral
- Persistent swelling of your legs or arms
- Tightness of your skin/feeling of heaviness or fullness
- Restricted range of motion or pain due to swelling
- Recurring infections or wounds
- Hardening of your skin called fibrosis
What is Lymphedema
Lymphedema is defined as the accumulation of fluid in the body’s tissues. Lymphedema can be caused by a variety of reasons, most commonly when the lymph nodes are removed from the body or the lymph vessels are damaged in some way. Risk factors may include history of cancer, radiation, surgery, chronic venous insufficiency or obesity.