ADDRESSING UNDERLYING ETIOLOGY
- Working with the primary care physician and/ or endocrinologist to help the patient optimize glucose control
- Vascular assessment and treatment
- Assessing for biomechanical factors and pressure issues contributing to the ulcer
- Assessing and appropriate treatment of infections
- Providing appropriate home health referrals and proper home dressing
- Providing patient education on nutrition modification for optimal wound healing and diabetes management
- Educating patients on good overall skin and foot health habits.
- Offering advanced and evidence based protocols for optimal wound healing
- Biologic and stem cell grafts
- Wound VAC therapy
- Offloading therapy and total contact casting
THE SOCIOECONOMIC SIDE OF WOUND CARE
- Wound care supplies and overall management can be costly. We provide many different options to fit the patient’s needs and work with a variety of insurances to provide the best and most cost effective care for the patient.